Options

Axapta - Progect Management

SoumyadipSoumyadip Member Posts: 209
edited 2005-06-29 in Dynamics AX
Hi All,
I have little proble with Axapta - Progect Management..

1.Can we set Start Time - End Time in Activities?
2.How to set Predecessor & Successor of a Sub-Project or Activity?
3.If we change Start Date of One process, will its effect all its successor processes & ultimately effect project completion Date ? If yes, How?
4.How to set Milestones in a project?
5.How can we Add Items & Resources with an Activity?

Please Help Me

Thanks in Advance

Soumya

Comments

• Options
    MugurMugur Member Posts: 93
    Hi,

1. The project activities as they are known in Project management are handled in Axapta by using the hour forecasts (they have duration, start and end date/time, and are assigned to a resource (human or machine)). These are linked to each other and are scheduled. The scheduling is also visible in a Gant chart.

Hour forecasts can be assigned to Activities.

The project Activity records are the link between the scheduled hours (forecasts) and the consumed hours (posted in the journals).

Thanks,
    Ciprian
    Kind regards,

Ciprian Dudau
    Axapta Developer
  • Options
    MugurMugur Member Posts: 93
    2. Open Projects\Forecast\Hours.

The order between the forecasts is implicit (the order of the records). The duration is set in the Hours field. The scheduled start and end dates/times are filled it automatically depending on the method to schedule, and the links between the operations (General tab page\Scheduling group).

3. The start date can only be changed when you re-schedule. Use the Scheduling menu function. Based on the project date and scheduling method (Operation/Job) and direction (forward/backward) parameters, the hour forecasts are automatically scheduled and their start/end datetime values are filled in with some calculated values.

4. I think you can have milestones by adding hour forecasts and set hours=0. You can also set the transaction text with "Milestone".

5. As specified, the resources are attached to the hour forecasts (you should also pay attention to the capacity load field). The Items and other expenses/earnings are added through the Forecast/Items, Costs, Revenues records. You can also make sales/purchases in a project.

With regards,
    Ciprian
    Kind regards,

Ciprian Dudau
    Axapta Developer
  • Options
    At First Thank You very much...

i have three new question....

6.How to make a material requirement plan (for project)??
    7. how to check cash flow requirement for a projects?
    8. How to pay outside resources (vendors) who worked in project??
  • Options
    Hi All

If i want to check Requirement for a Specific Item for a certain time period what i have to do?
    How can i have a Cash Flow Requirement for that period?

Thank You in Advance

Soumya
  • Options
    Hi All,

Can Any one reffer documents for Axapta (Project Management & Others except Basic Project.pdf). Please tell me where i will get them...

Thanx
  • Options
    HarishHarish Member Posts: 172
    Hi,

Have you checked with your local MBS office? You should be able to purchase printed help manuals from them.

Regards,

Harish Mohanbabu
    Harish Mohanbabu
    Long way to go before I sleep..