Options

Hide group on 2009 rdlc report.

makinamakina Member Posts: 6
Hi All.
I need to create a grouping section on a 2009 r2 rdlc report that depending on the numbers of records involved in the grouping this must be shown or hidden. I mean, if the group is created by two or more records the group section must show a total, but if the group is created by the grouping of just one record the section must not me shown....

Can anyone give me some hint to accomplish this requirement?

I have created the group section but I don't get the right condition to hide or show the section depending on the number of records of the group.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    peterz84peterz84 Member Posts: 8
    edited 2015-11-04
    You could add a column with expression "1" to your dataset. In your condition you could then sum this field. Something like =Sum(Field.Value < 2, TRUE, FALSE)
  • Options
    makinamakina Member Posts: 6
    Hi Peterz84.

Thanks for your help. That was the idea I was working in, but the problem is "where" I have to specify the condition, I mean, editing the group ->Visibility tab ?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    you can probably use "countdistinct" function in the visibility of the grouptotal row. try it out.
    it should be something like
    =(Countdistinct(field[,Group]) <= 1)
    where "field" should be some unique value on the line (a counter, for example)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    peterz84peterz84 Member Posts: 8
    makina wrote: »
    Hi Peterz84.

Thanks for your help. That was the idea I was working in, but the problem is "where" I have to specify the condition, I mean, editing the group ->Visibility tab ?

Thanks in advance.

Try Row visibility on your tablix