Options

Copy Document - jumps to another record when different sort order is defined

JutJut Member Posts: 72
Hello everyone,

has anyone ever experienced an issue when using the copy document function with sales or purchase documents on the card while having defined a sort order the sales/purchase list page that could be affected by the copy document?

For example I may change the sort order on the sales list to bill-to customer name. Now I create a new sales document form the list - new; I only populate the number field; use copy document (include header). After running the copy document report, instead of showing the record that I was working on, a totally unrelated record will show. It seems to be related to the fact that the copy document function in this case changed the bill-to customer name while that field was used in the list as the sort order. I was able to replicate that problem in NAV 2015 Cronus and also in NAV 2016. Is this a known issue?

The manual workaround would be to store the document no. prior to calling the copy document and to get the right record afterwards. However I would like to avoid such a "dirty" solution.

Best regards
Jut