Options

creating a new paper size

leugimleugim Member Posts: 93
hi all

we are installing navision 4.0 in a customer, and now we are adjusting reports into their paper sizes... with invoices no problem, we found a paper size that is ok and it works fine.

now we have problems with sales shipments. the paper size is 210 x 150 mm (an A5 size in navision landscape orientation is the best fit) but when printing the report the printer does it vertically and data appears turned 90 degrees...

i have read somewhere that i can define in fin.stx a paper size, just to catch it later in report properties... how can i do this??? the printer is Lexmark Forms Printer 4227 Plus but printer drivers doesn't allow to define a paper size manually.... how can i define a paper size in windows 2000 to assign it later to a printer???

some help is needed please...... regards

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,089
    but when printing the report the printer does it vertically and data appears turned 90 degrees...

Some wild idea : Have you tried to put the report property "Orientation" to Landscape or Portrait?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    leugim wrote:

now we have problems with sales shipments. the paper size is 210 x 150 mm (an A5 size in navision landscape orientation is the best fit) but when printing the report the printer does it vertically and data appears turned 90 degrees...

exactly this is what i want to say: we tryed in <Undefined> orientation, Landscape and Portrait... In Landscape mode the printer turns data 90 degrees clockwise... what a f*ck!!

excuse me, i hate matrix printers...
    You need to create a new paper size for the printer, and assign it to the printer through the printer properties.

Then just leave all of the properties at their default in Navision.

I have had this same problem, try looking at it through the printer point of view and not Navision. The biggest pain in this case is if the printer is used for multiple tasks - when you change the paper you will also have to change the default page in the printer properties...

-a
  • Options
    leugim wrote:

... how can i do this??? the printer is Lexmark Forms Printer 4227 Plus but printer drivers doesn't allow to define a paper size manually.... how can i define a paper size in windows 2000 to assign it later to a printer???

=D> =D> =D> =D>
    I remember way back when .... I tried forever to get Navision to print on our Espon DFX5000 High speed dot-matrix printers. Trying to reformat everything to fit our Custom Forms.

With one strand of hair left on my head ](*,) - i said Forget it - lets get some Laser printers and be done with it.

In fact in the long run it was extremely cost effective using standard paper in which we could buy pallets at a time instead of spending much more money using custom forms. We use White for invoices , Pink for Credit memos.

It was easier to have Navision Print the Logo right on the paper at run time, etc etc etc

sorry it didn't answer your question tho..
  • Options
    awarnawarn Member Posts: 261
    1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers.
    2. On the File menu, click Server Properties.
    3. In the Print Server Properties dialog box, click the Forms tab.
    4. Click to select the Create a New Form check box.
    5. Type the name of the custom form in the Form Description box. Under Measurements, specify the form's dimensions and margins.
    6. Click Save Form, and then click OK.

taken from : http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=207660

also try: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cr ... paper+size

-a
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I have also done what Awarn mentioned. Navision doesn't always "pull" the new form into one of it's available choices. So in a case like that you could modify the paper size of one that does appear that you wouldn't normally use.
  • Options
    utouto Member Posts: 36
    Hi All,

Follow Awarn's mentioned, You cann't add the new paper size to the available list in navision so you have to choose the paper size after you run the report but before preview it.
  • Options
    jonsan21jonsan21 Member Posts: 118
    Hi,

awarn mentioned a very good solution, I just want to add - even if the printer is used for multiple other purpose you can avoid the problem of changing default paper size.

What you can do is install another printer in your print server - to print the to the same device. Then use the earlier printer you've set up with the customized form as default paper size to print from Navision and use the new printer for any other task.

Rgds,

Jon.
    Rgds,

Jon.
  • Options
    awarnawarn Member Posts: 261
    Jon,

Thats a great idea - you may have just helped me through a problem I'm having with an installation!

-awarn