Options

Broken Google Links - but only a few?

JDVyskaJDVyska Member Posts: 179
Looking like some bad news against the lovely new site.

When I do this search:
"dynamics nav 2015 sales order saverecord site:www.mibuso.com"

I get a result for OldTopic 13588, as seen here in the Cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:9A_a0wtowMoJ:www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13588&view=previous+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=se

But, if I click on it, it brings me to Discussion 13588, which is now this:
http://forum.mibuso.com/discussion/13588/production-of-rework-quantity/p1

Yet a long list of other results, those lead to the correct discussions. I'm not sure why some are broken, and others are fine.
JEREMY VYSKA
CEO, Spare Brained Ideas, Göteborg, Sweden
New (April 2021) Getting Started with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Book Available: "Your First 20 Hours with Business Central"

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    I noticed similar broken links issue.
    search with "upgrade 2009R2 to 2015 mibuso"
    you will see links related to upgrade but once you click on those links it will open something else
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    edited 2015-10-18
    Will pass this on to Vanilla support. As the phpBB (= previous forum software) topic ID's are the same as the ID's in Vanilla, the redirecting to the new forum URL's should be straightforward. Overall, this auto-redirecting is awesome.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    you will see links related to upgrade but once you click on those links it will open something else

I entered your search words in google and each presented link brought me to the right forum topic. Do you still have issues with it?

No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Seems at this point Google's cleaning it up in their own way, which is sad. What now has happened is that the results for the search I listed above now don't include the old topic result at all, and the Google cache for the old site's 13588 topic is gone. I'm not sure anymore precisely what the topic was, so I can't confirm if the new search results point to the correct new Discussion.
    JEREMY VYSKA
    New (April 2021) Getting Started with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Book Available: "Your First 20 Hours with Business Central"
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503

I entered your search words in google and each presented link brought me to the right forum topic. Do you still have issues with it?

Seems to be working fine now. Thanks
  • Options
    OK; I found another one. This one, I documented (probably too much).

Google search: "site:www.mibuso.com dynamics nav hyperlink opens new window" results (image 1) in a Mibuso link to Forum 23, Topic 9473 (image 2). Click through and you land on Discussion 9473, "Change date when Voiding Checks".

Interestingly, if I use the search for "hyperlink new window" (image 4), I get no results. I tracked down the forum thread that WAS 9473 (via user profiles from the Google Cache). It's now 9468 (image 5).

Is this the Google engine having old links in a cruddy way? Not sure what to suggest, but it means I'm sometimes hunting for info and not finding it through either Google or the built-in search (checked Bing also, this old topic doesn't come up). I'll stop back in a day or two to see if the Google Results self correct by removing the link in a couple days like I think it did previously, but it still means the result is disappeared..
    JEREMY VYSKA