Options

Install NAV Help Server separately (Nav2015)

TomigsTomigs Member Posts: 85
edited 2015-09-28 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have installed NAV in a server (both Nav server instance and database server) from the CD, but I didn't install the Help server.

Now I want to install the help server alone. If I run the setup again, the way it is done, it won't let me choose just the Help server and add it, but it will try to reinstall everything. I just want to add the Help server. Is there an easy way to do it that I'm missing?

I've tried going to run the setup files within the HelpServer folder in the CD and also in the Installers folder, but none of them work fully: one doesn't work and the other one will copy some files to C:\inetpub\wwwroot, but it wont create the website in the IISS.

Thank you,

Tomas

Comments

• Options
    TomigsTomigs Member Posts: 85
    Hi again,

I haven't been able to find the "easy way" to install the Help server yet. However I managed to make it work installing it "manually". I'm afraid something may be missing as I don't know about IIS but right now seems to work so far:

I just copied the folder C:\inetpub\wwwroot\DynamicsNAV80Help from another server with the same version, that was correctly installed for some time and copied it in the same folder in the server that was missing the help server.

After that I went to the IIS and under the "Sites" node I added a new website named "DynamicsNAV80Help".
    It asked me for physical path for the website (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\DynamicsNAV80Help) and also for the port 49000.
    I restarted that website and seems to be working.

The first thing I tried was to copy that folder directly from the DVD, but it didn't work for me (some of the folders are compressed seemed to be the problem). Also had issues with a missing "toc.xml" file from one of the folders... So in the end copying the files directly from other working installation was the most effective for me.

Regards,

Tomas