Options

RTC on Citrix / RDS server - new ClientUserSettings.config

chrisgatguischrisgatguis Member Posts: 2
edited 2015-09-10 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all, wonder if you can help - we use Citrix in our business, 32 servers ~ 20 users on each, all connect to various middle tiers on different servers (i.e. one for each sub business)

We publish actual icons for the various databases / companies using the switch -Settings: which points to a .config file on a UNC share.

We have no issues at all at this point - the various icons access the correct Database / company no problem at all.

Issue is though - that users don't have the 'clientusersettings.config' file correctly populated in their own user profile (Appdata\Local\MS\Mic Dyn Nav\clientUserSettings.config)

Reason why this matters to us is that we generate emails with links in them - these links take the user to a certain page - but before that happens we see the 'You are about to connect to |Instance| on server |Server|, which is not your current default connection setting....

When I look at the clientusersettings.config file it does not match.. if I manually make it match it works fine. problem is that it needs to be automated due to the number of users we have...

Is there a way (like a switch when launching the RTC) which will populate this clientusersettings.config file?
Or maybe something in our Custom config file that we specify when launching the RTC with the -Settings: switch?

Thanks
Chris

Comments