Options

Printing multiple copies

damkjerdamkjer Member Posts: 12
edited 2015-09-10 in NAV Three Tier
I have a serious performance problem printing a custom label format from sales lines.

The customer want's a function to print box labels for each unit sold. When printing NAV controls number of copies through the layout, by using an integer section, looping the number of times the label should be printed.

The problem is that this performs very, very slow. A number of 5-10 labels can take 40-50 seconds to print, while printing from other application and entering number of copies in the print dialog takes 2-4 seconds.

From my experience with other ERP systems you always could send number of copies to the printer driver directly, letting the printer do the job, but as far as I can see this is not possible in NAV - which I find strange!

Or am I wrong - OR has anyone found a way to solve this? I can't be the only one out there ... :?

Version: 2015

Comments

• Options
    JonasAJonasA Member Posts: 28
    I'm guessing you are using a custom report layout on top of report 206.
    The issue with report 206 is that the company image is included in every datarow (if correctly set up in Sales & Receivables Setup). This makes the report slow.
    Try to set the "Logo Position on Documents" to No logo just for at test to see if this helps the speed.
    The trick is to only have an image in one of the rows.
  • Options
    damkjerdamkjer Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the tip, JonasA, but it didn't do the trick (and wasn't even the problem).

And by the way, it's not REP206 but a report build from scratch. Seems to be a communication issue between the server and the printer which, I found out, is attached to a local pc!