Options

Outlook signatures (2015) - receiving email image issue

RodtmcleanRodtmclean Member Posts: 84
edited 2015-08-14 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I'm involved in a development to attach signatures (contains image of company logo BMP/JPG etc) to emails. The images are being embedded in the outlook email properly and are also visible in the sent folder. However, the email receiver does not get them (the images have a cross).

I believe it is possible to attach the images (hidden?) to the email and they will appear in the correct place in the received email. I think our current solution would work as it is now, if the customer kept the company image on a web page, but we're concerned about spammers.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best Regards
Roddy

Comments

• Options
    evandeveerdonkevandeveerdonk Member Posts: 49
    Hi Roddy,

did you solve this issue for your customer?

Ernsr
    http://www.vssolutions NAV-Outlook synchronisation re-invented.
  • Options
    PoltergeistPoltergeist Member Posts: 200
    edited 2016-02-26
    You need to embed the images into the e-mail, and refer to the images in the body of the e-mail.

So, let's say, in the HTML body, you want to display an image. Simply add the command [image001.jpg@01D1709A.6A69AD00] into the HTML body. Then, after the </html>, add a boundary (something like ----this is a unique boundary, and add a content-type image/jpeg with the name of the image. Add some extra information, and add the base64 encoded data into those boundaries.

What you should be getting is something like

--_010_03966D74F20B064399F98C02CE5
    Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="image001.jpg"
    Content-Description: image001.jpg
    Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image001.jpg"; size=3336
    Content-ID: <image001.jpg@01D1709A.6A69AD00>
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

[base64 encoded data]
    --_010_03966D74F20B064399F98C02CE5

I usually use BLAT.exe to do that quickly, but is sure should be possible to create this yourself...