Options

Issue of the incorrect inventory costing in manufacturing mo

Tan_Eng_SiongTan_Eng_Siong Member Posts: 84
Hi

I am working on Navision Version 4.0. I discovered that there is an issue with the inventory costing in the manufacturing module. When I post a product journal in the Released Production Order, I discovered that the components that are posted in a unit of measure other than the base unit of measure, the item cost for the component is calculated incorrectly. It is resolved by running the adjust cost but there is still very odd entries in the GL. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Tan Eng Siong

Comments

• Options
    ShenpenShenpen Member Posts: 386
    Strange... does it also happen with using "standalone" consumption journals? Does it also happen with posting an item journal of negative adjustment?

If yes, before posting, if you zoom (Ctrl + F8) , do you see right or wrong values?

Do It Yourself is they key. Standard code might work - your code surely works.
  • Options
    Hi

It does not happen with the Item Journal. I have tested it for all other modules like sales, purchase, inventory. The modules are all working fine except for the manufacturing module.

Sorry but I do not understand what you mean by "standalone" consumption journals. The user creates a very simple one level BOM. When they need finished goods, they just go to the Released Production Order and create a new Production Order.

As for clicking the F8, I discovered that unit cost does not change in the Item Journal Line no matter the unit of measure chosen. The Qty. per Unit of Measure is correct which explains the correct qty reduced. I guess it is time to make the Navision programmers earn their pay by complaining of this issue.

Thanks
    Tan Eng Siong
  • Options
    ShenpenShenpen Member Posts: 386
    Until Navision 3. 7 you could post consumption in only in a consumption journal. It was very similar to an item journal. Actually it is an item journal line table, with a different form.

In 4.0 they integrated it into the production order.

But you should have a consumption journal either in the menusuite or the object designer. It is the traditional and well-working before 4.0 way of posting consumption.

Try it.

Then try to decide with Ctrl - F8 when does the cost gets strong? When you enter the data to the journal, or upon posting? If upon posting, then you have to look at the posting code with the debugger. If upon entering the data, then you have to look at the onvalidate code of the relevant field.

I'm trying to motivate you to learn to debug, instead of debuggin the answer for you myself - a much bigger help to you in the long run! :)

Do It Yourself is they key. Standard code might work - your code surely works.
  • Options
    Hi everyone

Solution from Microsoft

Table 83, field 5407 Unit of Measure Code, OnValidate
    Old code:
    IF "No." <> '' THEN
    VALIDATE("Cap. Unit of Measure Code");

VALIDATE("Unit Amount");

New code:
    IF "No." <> '' THEN
    VALIDATE("Cap. Unit of Measure Code");

VALIDATE("Unit Amount","Unit Cost"); // changed line ...

That's all folks.
    Tan Eng Siong