Options

Resource capacity

NavDevNavDev Member Posts: 21
hi experts,

I have to make Navision's resource capacity form (#213) a bit more informative by not only showing the quantity of possible capacity but also the planned job(s) for the particular date. It should look somewhat like this:

Resource.........01.01.2005.........02.01.2005.........03.05.2005 ...
res. A...............0 of 8....................job A................0 of 8
res. B............... job B...................0 of 8................job c

(where '0 of 8' - for example - means 0 hours of possible 8 projected)

the job has to be retrieved from table #211 job budget entry.

since I am an absolute rookie in FlowFields, I need basic help to get things started. is there anyone out there who has an idea? how can I integrate such a textual information in the rightmost half of a matrix box?

any help would be very much appreciated. thanks in advance.

Michael

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    Create a function with input parameters the record of the row and the record of the column and as return-value a text.
    Put this function in the SourceExpr of the right part of the matrix-box.
    In the function you have in the parameters the cross of the 2 records on which it has to create a return-value. So you can calculate your return-value and exit the function. This value will be shown in the right part of the matrix-box.
    It is also possible to use multiple lines in a cell. In this case you need to set property "MultiLine" to Yes in the properties of the right part of the matrix.
    In the function you have to create a variable that has a backslash (= \ ) to use the multiLine.
    In case you need to change the values in the cells. The function-method does not work.
    In this case (you can use this system also for show-only), you must create a global variable.
    Put this global variable in the SourceExpr of the right part of the matrix-box.
    In the "OnAfterGetRecord()"-trigger (or better in the "OnFormat"-trigger of the cell to avoid an Navision-refresh bug (something like : Text := 'my value')) of the tablebox, you must calculate your textvariable.
    -In the "OnValidate"-trigger you can validate the user-input and write it to the DB. Better not use "OnAfterValidate"-trigger, because if an error happens in this, the form is closed.

PS : to acces the record of the column : CurrForm."MatrixBox Name".MatrixRec."Field name" (you have to give a name to the matrix-box)
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!