Navision Financials v3.7 Exam - Sample questions

paul_smithpaul_smith Member Posts: 5
edited 2005-07-01 in Navision Financials
Greetings from England!

Hello everyone.
I've just joined the forum and like a number of you I am keen to acquire a sample selection of the questions I'm likely to be seeing when I take the Financial Management Test in a few weeks time.

Can anyone email be some questions?

Many thanks

Paul

Comments

• mismismismis Member Posts: 13
    paul smith wrote:
    Greetings from England!

Hello everyone.
    I've just joined the forum and like a number of you I am keen to acquire a sample selection of the questions I'm likely to be seeing when I take the Financial Management Test in a few weeks time.

Can anyone email be some questions?

Many thanks

Paul
    Hi Paul, as far as I know there is no exam for V3,7. The VUE exam is for 3,6 and the Prometric is for V4. If you get some questions, pls pass it on to me, I am planning to do the exam on tuesday (the 14th), and I couldn't get any sample question yet.
    Bye
  • saikiransaikiran Member Posts: 22
    Hi,
    I recently appeared in the Navision Financials Exam (ver. 4.0). Here are a few questions I remember:

1. In a recurring journal, if you choose the recurring method as Reversing Fixed, after how many days will the balance entry be posted?
    a) 1 day
    b) 1 month
    c) 1 month + 1 day
    d) 1 period

2. In a recurring journal, if you choose the recurring method as Variable, what happens after posting?
    a) The posting date changes as per period formula applied and the Amount field becomes zero.
    b) The posting date changes as per period formula applied and the Amount field remains as it is.
    c) The posting date changes to the next day and the Amount field becomes zero.
    d) The posting date changes to the next day and the Amount field remains as it is.

3. What are the effects of Limited and Blocked options in Dimension Combinations on Journal posting?

4. I would like to assign two default dimensions to a customer and make them mandatory while postings are done for that customer. How can I

achieve that?

5. Why are Gen. Posting Groups and Specific Posting Groups used?

6. If you choose Max. Tax Difference Allowed in the General Ledger Setup window, what are the G/L Accounts that are mandatory to be specified in

the Posting Setup?

7. Which of the following windows DO NOT have an option of Exporting to Excel?
    a) Analysis by Dimension.
    b) Chart of Accounts.
    c) Budgets.
    d) Account Schedules.

8. What is the disadvantage of exporting any Analysis by dimension to Excel from Navision?
    a) Begin-Total fields are not exported.
    b) Pivot-tables are not created automatically.
    c) End-Total fields are not exported.
    d) No disadvantage.

9. Which of the journals is never posted to the General Ledger?
    a) Item Journal
    b) Job Journal
    c) Resource Journal
    d) BOM Journal

10. If you want to view the balance of one particular account of the Chart of Accounts, which window would you use?
    a) G/L Account Balance
    b) G/L Balance
    c) G/L Account Balance/Budget
    d) G/L Balance/Budget

11. In the General Ledger Setup, how many Additional Reporting Currencies can you specify?
    a) Two
    b) One
    c) Four
    d) Infinite

12. When are the Conv. LCY Rndg. Debit Acc and Conv. LCY Rndg. Credit Acc of the Multicurrency Setup required?

13. I would like to calculate Invoice amounts in LCY as well as in an additional currency that has a specific exchange rate for a specific period. I

have specified the currency with its exchange rate and starting date in the Currency Exchange Rate Setup. What else should I need to do?
    14. After closing an accounting period, what else do I need to do to prevent postings within the closed period?

15. Where can you specify Tax Calculation Type if you need the program to calculate Tax automatically?

16. What codes do you need to setup to achieve trail codes.
    a) Source Codes
    b) Tax Area Codes
    c) Item Codes
    d) Reason Codes

17. In the budget analysis report, I would like to add a new column as 'Net Change from Last Year (%)'. In which window should I add the column?

18. Where would I define a new statement name for my VAT Statement?

19. Which of the following are mandartory to apply entries for a customer from the General Journal window?
    a) Document No.
    b) Account Type - Customer
    c) Amount
    d) Posting Date

20. I have applied an entry to a vendor, and after a certain period, I need to reverse the entry. What should I do before I make the reverse entry?

21. From a Posted Sales Invoice Form, what is the shortcut to view all customer ledger entries?
    a) F5
    b) Ctrl F5
    c) Navigate
    d) F9

22. What are the entry types possible from a resource journal?
    a) Sale
    b) Purchase
    c) Usage
    d) Memo

23. What happens if you do not put a check mark in the Chargeable Field in a Resource Journal Line?

24. What are the types available in a Job Journal for posting?

25. I have posted an invoice for a customer. Now I receive the payment from him. How do I link the two?

I hope these would help you guys.
  • paul_smithpaul_smith Member Posts: 5
    Hi Saikiran,

Fantastic!

Many thanks for providing me with your extensive list of questions (do you have a photographic memory?).

I've got lots of work to do!

Kind regards

Paul
  • saikiransaikiran Member Posts: 22
    Thanks Paul,
    But I could recollect only 25 out of 68 questions. That too, without all answer choices.
    Anyway, wishing you all the best.
    This is for everyone aspiring to pass the Navision Financials (ver. 4.0) exam:
    1. The questions are segregated into 5 sections. Total no. of questions is 68.
    2. Passmark is 70%.
    3. All questions do not have only one correct answer. i.e. there are questions with more than one correct answers (Check boxes in place of Radio buttons).
    4. Time is not a constraint at all. Take your time and read the qustions minutely.
    5. Study and prepare the following areas thoroughly:
    a) Dimensions, Dimension Combinations, Analysis by Dimension.
    b) VAT and VAT Registration.
    c) Recurring Journals.
    d) Currency and Exchange Rates.
    e) Fixed Assets, Insurance and Depreciation.
    f) Applying and Unapplying Entries (Customer & Vendor).
    g) Reversal of Journal Postings.
    h) Resource and Job Journals.

All the best.