Options

Custom Word layout in customer language

InregoInrego Member Posts: 9
edited 2015-06-08 in NAV Three Tier
We've created our own Word layout for invoice (206 I think?). But when printing, it is always in the language of the client. For example if my client is in English,the printed report is in English.. Shouldn't it be printed in the language specified on the customer? I know this is the case for RDLC layout on the same report..

Is there any workaround to have the report printed in the language specified on the customer?

Comments

• Options
    lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    It should be working fine. Have a look at REP1306 (the mini app Sales Invoice).

Don't know what you did with REP206, but the default dataset does contain various captions (explicitly declared, so not using Include Caption) and these are populated based on the language of the customer. So these should show right on the print.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    Where in NAV can I print report 1306? When I click "Run Report", the output is always in the language of my GUI.

I have all the labels translated in captions (most of them were there by default).
  • Options
    In the client search for Report Layout Selection. Here all printable reports will be listed.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    Yes, but they always print in the RTC language. But I just figured we do not have a problem - when printing our reports the right way, they do come out in the right language. Thanks for helping! Case closed
  • Options
    Inrego wrote:
    Thanks for helping!
    You're welcome.
    Inrego wrote:
    But I just figured we do not have a problem - when printing our reports the right way, they do come out in the right language.
    And what is the right way? Or even more interesting for any forum reader: what did you wrong before?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    lvanvugt wrote:
    Inrego wrote:
    But I just figured we do not have a problem - when printing our reports the right way, they do come out in the right language.
    And what is the right way? Or even more interesting for any forum reader: what did you wrong before?
    I'm sorry, but actually I don't know! I'm no expert in usage of NAV, I'm just doing things on the developer side, and making reports. My colleague said they weren't in english, and I've experienced that if I go to Custom Report Layouts and run the report from there, the report will be the same language as my RTC. But after your responses here, I asked another colleague of mine to test, and the reports I had made were in the right language.

Even though I don't know the actual steps for "the right way" to print it, I believe it's something along the lines of going to the customer and finding the invoice and select print. So through the normal workflows of using NAV. The 'Run Report' button from the 'Custom Report Layouts' page is for development purposes I guess, and is not meant for printing out reports/invoices in normal workflows.