Options

Dimension Writing to specified accounts

tguptatgupta Member Posts: 86
G'day All,

The problem is as follows i want the ability to nominate a setting on the G/l account card that prevents a dimension being posted to specified G\L accounts.
I know this is a base functionality in navision where i can specify value posting to "No Code " and the dimension wont be posted up and it gives u error message.
But the user wants that even if it is 'No posting' mentioned in the Value posting for any dimension it shud allow the user to post the entry by putting the value in entry but the dimension value shud not be posted up in the ledger entries basically the error message shud not come up .
The solution i was working around on was adding boolean fields to Gl Account and if ticked do not populate relevent dimension value to GL entry or ledge entry dimension.

Any suggestion for the workaround as i am always unsure when i have to mess up with the base functionality .where to make changes just want to be sure i dont miss out anything .Moreover any suggestion what can go wrong doing this way .
Really stuck ](*,) .Need help :? .I hate these kind a specs :evil:

Many Thanks,
Tarun

Comments

• Options
    Hi all,
    Moving it up a bit :)
    Anyone please

Cheers,
    Tarun
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    The boolean on the G/L Account Card is usefull, but best is to interecept it in C11 and C12.
    Where the check happens and an error would occur, add code to check the boolean on you G/L Account. If it is TRUE, don't give an error.

In C12 where the dimensions are written to the G/L, you first have to check your boolean and skip the writing if TRUE.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Hi kriki,
    The check happens in codeunit 408 and to avoid the error message is not a problem .Now i am stuck where user has entered the dimension values on the general journal and when we post it as the system will not give the error message the dimension values will be posted in general ledgers.
    You said in C12 where dimensions are written to G/L skip the writing if true Can you tell me pls where in C12 as i am unable to stop the dimension value posting to general ledger .

Many Thanks,
    Tarun
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    Search for "DimMgt". This is the codeunit that handles all dimension-related things.

Probably it is this one:
    GLEntry.INSERT;
          IF NOT InsertFAAllocDim(GLEntry."Entry No.") THEN
            DimMgt.MoveJnlLineDimToLedgEntryDim(
              TempJnlLineDim,DATABASE::"G/L Entry",GLEntry."Entry No.");

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!