Options

[SOLVED]Is there a tool to find the id conflict and reassign the id?

allenyyzhouallenyyzhou Member Posts: 142
edited 2017-05-01 in NAV Three Tier
Hello everyone,
When we merged two objects text file and import it, there maybe id conflict error popup(for example, two different functions in two files use the same id) and the import must be cancel.Then we must change the id manually and import it again, if we are not lucky doing the merge with two large customized objects, maybe over hundreds id conflict exists. ](*,) ](*,)

So is there any tools could analize the merged text file and find the id conflict, even more to reassign a new id automatically?
Does Object Management tool has this kind of utility?

Comments

• Options
    Remco_ReinkingRemco_Reinking Member Posts: 74
  • Options

Thank you, actually I am using merge tools now(mostly check the object and function relations), it is a great tool!
    But I am not sure if it has a specific function to do what I want, because I already have a merged text file now, I just want to find out the duplicated id and reassign it.

By the way, my merged file is done by standard function in NAV 2015. I am upgrading objects from 2013 R2 to 2015.Do you suggest me to do the merge again use the merge tools?
  • Options
    Let me update a little bit about this, before I am not realized there is a "Start ID (UidOffset), after we used this feature, id conflict are limited to a very small numbers.