Options

Receiving without a PO

rosinerosine Member Posts: 29
Hi Guys!

How do you handle the situation when stock needs to be received but the Po was never created and after PO must be assigned to that receiving.
Ps: I dont want to make an inventory adjustment.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    do you not want to make a po?

do you not want to use Item Journal ->Entry type->Purchase?
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You want to receive stock, but you do not want to adjust inventory?
  • Options
    rosinerosine Member Posts: 29
    OK let's me explain.

I woulk like to do the receiving but not on sa PO as I didnt create anyone.

Maybe I will use savatage suggestion
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    rosine wrote:

I woulk like to do the receiving but not on sa PO as I didnt create anyone.

Is there a reason you don't want to create one?
  • Options
    saikiransaikiran Member Posts: 22
    Hi rosine,

Same question as Savatage's. Why don't you want to make the PO?

If you don't want to make the PO, you have no other option but to use the Item Journal. Either you can make a positive adjstmt, or you can make a Purchase.

If you want a PO later on, and if during receiving, the PO is still not made, why not make the PO at the moment of receiving and post it?
  • Options
    xinyerxinyer Member Posts: 6
    Again, it depends on your company's policy, but most of companies will post a PO instead of adjustment.
  • Options
    ShenpenShenpen Member Posts: 386
    This is a problem we also face many times. Actually the problem is not not making a PO but unable to decide the PO upon receiving: vendors don't give the PO number upon shipping.

So what actually would be needed is a later match between a Receipt and a PO.

I am thinking on an add-on solution covering it, however, I still not yet measured all the consequences...

Do It Yourself is they key. Standard code might work - your code surely works.
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    If you make an adjustment instead of a purchase in the item journal the items will not appear in the vendor statistics, use Entry Type::Purchase.

You can use the purchase journals when the receipt arrives to post it , but you have to make sure that the posting date and document no. are identical, otherwise the navigate function won't work, and in addition to this there is no proper document to print.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    Document No. identical to what?

• Options
    I have an outline for implementing Purchase Order / Receipt Matching.

Basically Item Jnl - Purchase type is wrong idea because it is invoiced (creates cost amount (actual)).

Implementing Purchase Receipt (or, more likely, Whse Receipt) w/o an order seems close to impossible - Navision really heavily relies on the document workflow process. It is the same old "how to make an integrated system unintegrated for an unintegrated client" we face on almost all projects. (Does it sound strange? Well, take a journey then to here, to the Wild Wild East, and take a good look around :):):) )

So as Receipt w/o PO is out of question, the only way to solve it seems to be to create an on-the-spot PO when receiving.

Problems:

1) User Rights: warehouse guys should not be allowed to create PO-s

2) Matching it with the original PO

For problem 1), I suggest the following modification:

- create a boolean field "Temporary" to table Purchase Header
    - create a new field to Purchase & Payables setup, "Temporary PO No. Series" with relation to No. Series
    - create a Codeunit, that a) inserts a new Purchase Header, Document Type is Order, No. is NoSeriesManagement.GetNextNo to this "Temporary PO No. Series" field. It also checks the "temporary" field to yes.
    - Create a menu item called "Create a blank temporary PO" that runs it.

Yes, it is against Navision standards. Why we do this unorthodox thing is User Rights. If you do it this way, you can give a role to the Whse Employees that they are allowed to insert a Purchase Header, but only allowed to modify (and delete) a Purchase Header with a security filter of Temporary= YES. The No. Series is for visibly separating real and temporary PO-s.
    With all this, they will be able to create temporary=YES PO-s but not real ones. Any simpler solutions are welcome.

For problem 2), I suggest the following modifications:

- New field to Purchase Line: quantity to match.
    - Code to Codeunit 90: when posting a Temporay=YES PO to Receive, quantity to match is set equal to quantity to receive.
    - New form, PO Matching, with two subforms. One lists all PO lines, other lists only those with quantity to match > 0. Users can select a record on both of them (use GETSELECTIONFILTER) and press a menu item or button that matches them. T

This button:

- checks which has the less quantity
    - modifies Qty. Received, Outstanding Qty. and all such relevant fields with this quantity
    - maybe Document Nos. etc.
    (this still needs a little bit more design)

Do you like it?

• Options
    Shenpen wrote:
    Document No. identical to what?

The document nos. in the item journal and the purchase journal need to be identical.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    The document nos. in the item journal and the purchase journal need to be identical.

Yeah - but even then you won't have f.e. Source No. in then Item Ledger Entry.

• Options
    Shenpen wrote:

Yeah - but even then you won't have f.e. Source No. in then Item Ledger Entry.

If you make the Source Type and Source No. Fields editable in the Item Journal you can select Source Type::Vendor and in the "Source No." the Vendor No.
    Kai Kowalewski