Options

Sales Order Subform (46) Fields order

kenneth73kenneth73 Member Posts: 59
edited 2015-03-19 in NAV Three Tier
Hi

I have created 2 new field in table 37, Field1 & Field2 ( Decimal type )
I go in design on Page "Sales Order Subform (46)", and sets the new fields in over the Quantity Field - like this
Field1
Field2
Quantity

When I opens the Sales Order, the 2 new fields comes LAST. They should come before Quantity

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    neilgfneilgf Member Posts: 148
    Need a few more details please before we can help. Which version of Dynamics Nav are you using?
  • Options
    2013 R2
  • Options
    Sorry - 2015 newest rollup
  • Options
    Hi! Thanks for confirming. Just done the same as you on the Nav 2015 demo (latest updates) and looks as you would expect.
    Please see http://www.dynamicsnavukhelp.co.uk/forum-screen-shot-links/.
    So this is going to be down to how the fields were added to the sub form page I suspect.
    If you would like more assistance, I will need the table (37) and page (46) objects and I will investigate further. I can send a dropbox invite for you to place objects in if you confirm your email address.
  • Options
    Hi again

Thanks for the response.

In the screenshot you added, the field1 and field2 is after the quantity.
    It should be before the quantity, and t is When I do that, it puts the 2 fields last in the Line ....
  • Options
    Hi! Yes I see what you mean - I get the same if I place both fields in front of Quantity. Thought it may be the control ids but it is not. Seem to remember a way of controlling what the user sees next but this was NextControl in v 2009 and this was for fields on forms only.
    So your only choice as far as I can tell is customising - either by each user (a pain) or using the configuration utilities for roles (much quicker).
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Hi again
    That was also My only workaround. But, argh - there must be some other Way.

:) thanks a lot for your response.
  • Options
    Know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I think they (Microsoft) take 1 step forwards and 2 steps back. I mean don't get me started on company backups! And Power Shell (preferred the old name of Command Prompt). ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)