Options

Crash on Print Preview

whofungpoowhofungpoo Member Posts: 19
I have one machine on my network that Navision crashes on every time a Purchase Order is print previewed. I don't get much explanation from the error message. We have Navision 3.7 and the machine is a 3.0 Ghz Pentium with 512 MB of RAM running on Windows XP Pro SP 2. Also, it has dual monitors. Any suggestions would be great.

I have tried to re-install the Navision client but, this has not worked.

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Navision is pretty finnicky when it comes to printing. To be able to do a preview, you have to have a printer installed, even when you never intend to actually print. Any HP printer driver provided in Windows should do the trick.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    (or Microsoft Generic text printer)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    If the standard printer is a network printer which is currently offline it looks like a Navision crash. In this case install a local dummy printer as the standard printer.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    Thanks for the input.

The default printer is a locally attached HP 4215 All-In-One. We're still getting crashes with that printer set as default. Perhaps a different printer driver?

Thanks again.
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    Maybe there is a specified printer in the "Printer Selections" table for this report which is causing the trouble.
    Activate the Debugger and "Breakpoint on Triggers", then run the report, check if there is an endless loop in the printer search.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    Kowa,

I will try that. However, none of the other machines on my network are having this issue.

Thanks for your response!
  • Options
    jonsan21jonsan21 Member Posts: 118
    Hi,

Try installing those free PDF printer driver in any machine that has no printer installed.

It does the trick for me.

Rgds,

Jon.
    Rgds,

Jon.