Options

SSRS: Multiple detail lines generates blank page

ssissi Member Posts: 39
edited 2015-03-12 in NAV Three Tier
A report I created consists of 1 detail group with many detail lines. It reads records from a temp table, populated in code in previous dataitem. For each record, each detail line is dynamically hidden or printed. If the report gets to the bottom of a page in the middle of the detail lines, a blank page with just the header is printed before continuing on with the detail lines on the subsequent page. I have already set the KeepTogether property to true on the group and all Tablix members. The KeepWithGroup property is set to None as there is only one group. Any idea on how to prevent the blank page? Partial snap of RDL is attached.

Comments

• Options
    TonyDuarteTonyDuarte Member Posts: 92
    You should check the flat table that the report is generating to see if it gives you blank lines so that you could see a pattern to correct it.

If you don't know how:
    Run the report, on the request page press the blue down arrow on top, Help, and About this page.

Run the report on preview.
    Then again press the blue down arrow on top, Help, and About this report.

If it helps you can send this flat table o excel to help you out.
  • Options
    ssissi Member Posts: 39
    Thanks for the suggestion, Tony. I looked at About this Report. There are no blank lines, just the lines I expect to see. ](*,)
  • Options
    TonyDuarteTonyDuarte Member Posts: 92
    I see from the picture that you use no group, could it be that?

Also can recomend you to "paint" the cells in the body with diferent colors so you can check by "visual debug" if something in particular might be causing you problems.
    You only need to paint in the first column it will be enough.