Options

Cannot refresh Chart in Rolecentre

Anon123Anon123 Member Posts: 4
edited 2015-02-20 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,
I'm currently working with the "standard" charts, which one can find in the rolecenter since (as far as I know) NAV 2009.
The structure of these charts is stored in xml-file, which is sotred in a BLOB-field in Table 2000000078 Chart.
These XML-Files / BLOB-fields can be changed by code or by the page 9183 Generic Chart Setup.
(e.g. you can add filters or change description, ...)
Now to my problem :
If I change the BLOB-field in the table, the chart in the rolecentre stays the same. It doenst matter if press F5 or what ever.

The only things that work are
1. restarting the RTC client.
2. or at the chart to Actions > Customize > chose the same chart again and press OK.

Unfortunately I could not find out, how the chart is refreshed at these two ways..
The value of the BLOB is definetly changed, so this is not the problem. The only thing that is missing is a refresh, that loads the BLOB again.

I already exported all C/AL - Objects to a textfile and searched for things like table 2000000078.
But I had no success. I even tried to debug it on the .NET-layer. But I could not find the piece of code, which loads the Chart by the BLOB field yet.. :(
It would be very nice if anyone could help me.

And i would feel very happy if anyone can answer me :)
Best wishes :)

Comments

• Options
    Anon123Anon123 Member Posts: 4
    I have some good news!
    I found out, that it is possible to refresh the chart by going from the rolecenter page to another page and back again to the rolecenter.
    Furthermore it is possible to refresh by pressing shift F12. (This means "Open the Role Center from the navigation pane")

No I try to emulate the Pressing of shift F12 by C/AL code.
    I tried it by the following code, in my codeunit, which is triggered by the action in the rolecenter:
    Documentation()

OnRun()
    //...
    IF ISCLEAR(wSHShell) THEN
      CREATE(wSHShell, TRUE, TRUE);

wSHShell.SendKeys('+{F12}');

I used the following variable :
    Name DataType Subtype Length
    wSHShell Automation 'Windows Script Host Object Model'.WshShell

Now I don't have any compilation- or runtime-errors, but there is also no refresh.
    Does anyone know what is going on here?