Options

Run in User Session Field in the Job Queue Entry table

jeqdevjeqdev Member Posts: 8
edited 2015-02-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,
I am using NAV 2015 with background posting and I have seen that the “Run in User Session Field” in the Job Queue Entry table is set to true. Having a look at the NAV Help doesn’t help much: “Indicates that the job queue entry will be processed in a session that has already been started by the user at the time the job was enqueued. This field is automatically updated.”.

1) I understand that when “Run in User Session” flag is true then the background posting is run as the same user that starts the job therefore NAV creates a new background session behind the scenes; When the flag is false then the job runs as the same user as the one that has started the job queue. Is it right?

2) I understand the benefits of having NAS (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... 3(v=nav.80).aspx) . In a scenario with two NAV services -the default one and another one dedicated to NAS- when enabling background posting (“Run in User Session” field is true) I understand that NAV is going to start a new session in the default service. What is the benefit of having NAS in this scenario as the job would be run in the default instance?

Many thanks in advance.