Options

Nav 2013 SSRS Tablix Column won't align

Toddy_BoyToddy_Boy Member Posts: 231
edited 2015-02-18 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All

This is driving me insane. I'm trying to print a repotr with 5 Columns (consisting of a tablix with a QR Code) on a SSRS report which will align to 5 small 8mm x 8mm labels on a Zebra printer.

Has anyone achieved this as anything I do to the design looks fine on the print preview but when printed it looks nothing like the preview.
Life is for enjoying ... if you find yourself frowning you're doing something wrong

Answers

• Options
    TonyDuarteTonyDuarte Member Posts: 92
    Helped a co-worker at the time with that and have to say it sure is an extremely hard jigsaw puzzle.

Part of the solution was change driver of the Zebra printer and set the paper configurations on the zebra itself.

Other part was set the report size to be the size of the paper.

And the worst part was making changes and printing untill finally get the correct print.

But our problem was that we had 2 paper sizes so I think your problem will be better to solve, reply back if you need something else.
  • Options
    The Zebra driver paper size is set to width 46mm x height 8mm with no unprintable area defined.

Page size in the report is set to width 46mm x height 8mm, this represents a 1mm gap on both the right and left sides of the paper, 5x8mm labels and 4 gaps of 1mm which gives 46mm

In the report I have specified 5 columns spaced by 1mm.

Report margin of 1mm left and 1mm right - this should represent the gaps on the left and right of the page.

A table with 1 column of 8mm x 8mm with an image

Does this setup sound familiar to yours?
    Life is for enjoying ... if you find yourself frowning you're doing something wrong
  • Options
    We were using bigger paper, 7.59 * 13 if I recall right those were te measures.

Do you use padding? if so remove it, can mess up a bit your report to Zebra.

And did you try to reduce your report area to be a bit smaller than the paper to see if you have significant changes?
  • Options
    I realised the padding was not helping and removed all padding.

I've tried making the report size smaller as suggested but that doesn't seem to help

I've tried increasing the table cell from 8mm x 8mm to 12.2mm x 12.2mm and now my barcode prints however the left margain is ignored and the spacing between the label rows is also ignored and part of the barcode is printed in the gap .. makes no sense as a cell that wide should print off the page ](*,)
  • Options
    As you told your paper size is 46mm x height 8mm, so for you having 12.2mm x 12.2mm it will generate a 2nd page, for each page you print. (not sure if I explained right).

This is and if I'm saying nonsense someone correct me please, but the driver is the controler and it will "cut" the area you print in order to fit and for him it's like it's 2 pages since he can't print in the paper area.

I know your pain too well but unfortunatly I can't help you much more than some guide lines since I change company and can't remember the full setup we figured out that time.
  • Options
    I've made good progress with this.

I've set the paper size on the driver to 46mmx11mm so the size is inclusive of the horizontal and vertical gaps.

The report size is also 46mmx11mm which has on it a table with 5 columns each column contains an image which will be a QR Code, which spans the 46mm

Oddly, using the padding which caused such a problem earlier in the process allowed me to place the QR Code inside the 8mmx8mm label.

A real pain but it's working
  • Options
    At least it's ok now :D