G/L Entry Table Security Filter

PushpinderPushpinder Member Posts: 3
I am trying to set Security Filter on G/L entry Table through two Roles

01. ALL
02. Specific only to read G/L

In the second role I applied a Security Filter on Table 17 (G/L Entry) in the permissions Box.

On login through the user ID with above roles, I click on the General Ledger >> Chart of Account system throw an error saying you do not have READ Permissions for G/L entry table.

Now if I remove the security filter from the table 17 and relogin. I do get access to the General Ledger >> Chart of Account.

Any ideas to get the G/L Entry Table with applied security filters.
Pushpinder

Comments

• PushpinderPushpinder Member Posts: 3
    Any help will be appreciated..Please advise ASAP if a known solution is available for the same.
    Pushpinder
  • nostrannostran Member Posts: 106
    are u trying to give the person rights to read g/l entry? if that's right why don't u use the role "read g/l" entries.

then enforce any restrictions by modifying the all role permissions to restrict the access
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Do not forget to set up same sec. filter for all calculated fields from the table - see documentation - the example...

for example, if you are filtering G/L entries to some Department, you must add same sec. filter to Department filter on the G/L Account table... else the application want to calc the field from entries to which have no access...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Theo_KerstenTheo_Kersten Member Posts: 35
    Related to this isue: when i set a security filter on reading the G/L entry field, the navigate function doesnot show any G/L entries at all (even when the specific document has only G/L entries that are within the security filter).
    Anybody familar with this, or better, has a solution?
  • chen_wanchen_wan Member Posts: 34
    In the second role I applied a Security Filter on Table 17 (G/L Entry) in the permissions Box.

On login through the user ID with above roles, I click on the General Ledger >> Chart of Account system throw an error saying you do not have READ Permissions for G/L entry table.

>>>>> Possible error is you have Global variable of type G/L Entry record in the Chart Of Account Form and / or any code units that called by the Form. Global variable will not work with security filter by default. You can use "G/L Entry".SETPERMISSIONFILTER to solve this problem.

Now if I remove the security filter from the table 17 and relogin. I do get access to the General Ledger >> Chart of Account.
    >>>>>>> Of course you can access the Chart of Account because you do not have security filter.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you are applying security filters, you need to not forget to set the filters for all flowfields which are calcualted from this table... else you have the problem... you need to be sure, that no flowfield will try to access the records you have no permission for... (it is why you have the error on G/L Account)

And do not forget, that Security filters are fully working only on 3.70B client... (I did not tested it on 4.01, I assume that it is working too)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • mrQQmrQQ Member Posts: 239
    Hello,

I'm having similar issue, perhaps someone will be able to help me.

I want one of roles to be able to see all vendors except one.

So I set security filter as follows:

Vendor."No." <> 'X'
    Vendor Ledger Entry."Vendor No." <> 'X'
    Dtld. Vendor Ledg. Entry."Vendor No." 'X'

If I try to open vendor table, it opens correctly without showing X vendor.
    If I try to open dtld. entries table, it opens correctly.

But if I try to open vendor ledger entry, it shows that I dont have access to dtld. vendor ledger entries.

How come? :(