Options

Validator

BiboBibo Member Posts: 22
I must check a newly developed functional area for Navision ob it's correspond to Navison standards.

Maybe there is some validator which I could use instead of checking everything manually :?

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You can check GUI of your application with the tool GUI check tool from MBS Tools CD... (it check position and properties of visual controls etc.)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    BiboBibo Member Posts: 22
    I ran GUI check tool on every form including standard W1 Navison 3.60 form…

Results a little bit surprised me…

The results showed that not only in our add-on are lots of inconsistencies but also in unmodified standard forms.

So the question is how captious should I be to our add-on corresponding to the results?
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It depend, You must take the results as "warnings" or "recommendation"... in some cases it is correct, in some not. The tool do not describe all possibilities... it will get you only as much info as it can...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I never use the GUI recommendations, because standard Navision has tons of forms that don't comply. I just accept most of the default sizes of the form designer and make a good effort to make new forms look and feel like 'standard' Navision.

What does help is the standard function buttons. You should have one of those templates for your function keys and make sure the right ones apply. For instance, if you have a Card type form, you should implement the F5 list form functionality. Then on the List form, you should implement the Shift+F5 functionality for back to the Card form, stuff like that.