Options

Control Add-in To Display Server 2013 R2

booneboone Member Posts: 23
edited 2015-01-15 in NAV Three Tier
I think this is pretty simple request, but I don't have any experience developing add-ins. Right now, we're doing a lot of testing on our environment, so we have to switch between our live and test environments frequently. We have had a few instances in which the user has begun working in one environment, while thinking they were in the other. I'd like to implement an add-in that shows the connected server, preferably on the footer of the client, as shown in my attachment. I've looked at the MSDN pages regarding creating add-ins and watched the How Do I? series video on the Hello, World add-in, but I'm still don't have a very good idea of how to get this done.

I guess, first, is it even possible to use a control add-in on the footer? If not, can the footer be modified elsewhere? Are there any other solutions for easily displaying the connected server so that a user can quickly be aware of where they are?

If this is possible, is there any other documentation besides MSDN and the How Do I videos that would help me achieve this?

Answers

• Options
    GreatScott000GreatScott000 Member Posts: 40
    Have you looked at the System Indicator on the Company Information page. This is what we use. It may only be in the NA version.
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    It's documented here: How to: Use the System Indicator

And no, you can't use an add-in in the footer.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    booneboone Member Posts: 23
    Well that was extremely simple and exactly what I needed. Thanks guys! If you're ever in Oklahoma, beers on me.