Options

Copy Company SQL Access Denied Error

nickgoddardnickgoddard Member Posts: 7
edited 2015-01-12 in NAV Three Tier
I have been working at a client and we are unable to copy a company or create a new company in Nav2013R2.

We normally have SQL and Nav on the same server but this site has them on different servers. I have checked the SQL security details and the user has sysadmin server role and db_owner access to the database. If I log into SQL management studio on the SQL server then I can create a table. I cannot though create a table in the 50000 range from the Nav server.

I have checked disk space and the database is set to have unrestricted growth.

Comments

• Options
    vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi,

In my experience there are three reasons for this error message.
    1. The NAV Server Service user on another machine is not a db_Owner on the SQL Server.
    E.g. on the machine A, the NAV Server service is running as a user Domain\NavUser
    on the machine B, which is SQL Server, the user Domain\NavUser needs to have db_Owner permissions.

2. The management port (default port 7045) is not open. (Usually Fireawall issue)
    Open the port and restart NAV Server Service

3. The Sync-NAvTenant was not run, hence the system does not know all the tables.
    From Powershell run Sync-NAvTenant and make sure it runs successful . Restart NAV Server Service and try to copy company.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    nickgoddardnickgoddard Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the reply. This was actually due the Host Intrusion Software the client had set up on their network and was blocking the traffic.