Options

Print Report Pages to Different Trays

Spacejam1976Spacejam1976 Member Posts: 8
edited 2014-12-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I need to print some pages from a report to different trays of a printer on Nav 2013.

I have tried to set CurrReport.PAPERSOURCE(Number). It always print to the same tray.

I have created the function GetPaperTrayForReport on codeunit 1. It always print to the same tray.

See the printer settings attached.

Do you guys have any ideas how to sort this out?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    TonyDuarteTonyDuarte Member Posts: 92
    From what I've been reading you can only set the tray source for, First Page, Default and Last.

According to documentation:

"In the Report - Properties window, in the PaperSourceFirstPage field, choose the paper source. The list contains 13 standard trays and 16 printer-specific trays. It is based on information in the fin.stx file."

So if it's correct it may work as a numeric sequence of numbers so you would have to set the page from 1 to 29.

And keep this in mind:

"If the printer that is used for this report does not support the specified paper source, then the printer uses the default tray that is specified by the printer driver."

Gathering all this I think you should make some testes with the default page value you are using to see if that might be the problem.

Hope that this information might help you.
  • Options
    CyberghostCyberghost Member Posts: 46
    Hi

Have you tried installing the driver for the printer twice, then setting the properties on the second one to default to the second tray?

Cheers

Chris
    "When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes

"God and developers are in a constant battle. Developments to make their applications more idiot-proof, and God to produce bigger idiots!"
  • Options
    Spacejam1976Spacejam1976 Member Posts: 8
    I have also set the below properties on the report

PaperSourceFirstPage
    PaperSourceDefaultPage
    PaperSourceLastPage

I have installed a second printer and defaulted the tray to tray 2 - It prints everything on Tray 2
    Whichever tray I set as default on printer properties It prints from the default tray.