Options

Menusuit merging

Renu1989Renu1989 Member Posts: 11
edited 2014-12-04 in NAV Three Tier
Is it possible to merge two same menusuite using merge tool?How we will manually compare the same mensuite for the merging ?

Comments

• Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

yes you can, but the results are not good, most of the time. Therefore you usually don't. There are some pitfalls regarding links that refer to other menusuites. I do compare them, and in easy cases (for AddOn Menusuites) I merge changes. But not for Level 90 "Company". It is better to make the required changes by hand, in the Development Environment.

with best regards

Jens
  • Options
    lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Technicalwise I agree with Jens. However, working with a source control system I do want menusuites to be mergeable. So one day I took the task upon me to clean up menusuite 90 and ordered it like you would like to have them. Since then I keep it 'clean' so I can merge them easily.
    An extra is that now my menusuite (text) object is much easier to search through, see the relations and I do not have that mess of linking entries only containing GUIDs.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    Renu1989Renu1989 Member Posts: 11
    Hi Jens and LucvanVugt Thank you for your reply.
    So you are meaning that to check both of them which are the menus inside the menusuite.Any coding is there for the menusuite?What all we want to check while comparing menusuites manually?can you give an example for this
  • Options
    lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    So you are meaning that to check both of them which are the menus inside the menusuite.
    Yes
    Any coding is there for the menusuite?
    Maybe I understand your question wrong, but you can not write any code on a MenuSuite.
    What all we want to check while comparing menusuites manually?
    Whether references (through these GUIDS) are OK. Remove useless/obsolete references
    can you give an example for this
    I suggest you go and try to something like this yourself. Create two MenuSuite versions of the same and do a compare.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community