Options

Upgrade to 2013R2-An Attempt to change an old version.

cacilleycacilley Member Posts: 31
edited 2014-11-11 in NAV Three Tier
I have recently upgraded a company from 2009 R2 to 2013 R2. I was doing some testing trying to make sales orders and post them. I ran into an issue while trying to post the sales order I receive this error message:

"An attempt was made to change an old version of a sales header record. The record should first be reread from the database. This is a programming error.
Identification fields and values."

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue? I assume it is some of the old modifications causing this, which may lead to no one really being able to point me in the right direction. I turned on debugging and it shows me it's breaking on an end in codeunit 80(sales-post) but it doesn't make since why it is breaking where it is. Any and all help is appreciated.

Comments

  • Options
    MatMat Member Posts: 5
    This usually happens when you've got code that modifies a record followed by a find operation on that same record without a COMMIT in between. That results in the record being re-read and thus you get the error you see. Hopefully that helps you get a little closer to a resolution.

    You're right in that likely this has to do with modifications that were made somewhere along the line and stepping through it is the right way to track that down. Perhaps set a breakpoint in the code further up in the chain and step through the entire process instead of letting it break on error.
    Mat Nadrofsky
    --
    http://www.nadrofsky.com
Sign In or Register to comment.