Options

Native Database Recovery

utouto Member Posts: 36
Regarding my error. I had deleted my native database which on the local drive. I tried to recovery by easy recovery professional. It completed recovery without any error. However I cannot open this database. It is display the error message as follow:
"The database file cannot be used with this version of the program."
Any idea? Need your help asap.
Thank you in advance.
***Sorry , this topic is appear on Navision3.6 discuss also. It's my mistake again.... ](*,)

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) recovery can be done without errors, but this not mean that data are 100% same as before deletion... (each write to the disk can overwrite the data in some part of the deleted file...)

2) are you using more versions of Navision on your PC? If not, the DB is corrupted and there is little chance to have 100% working DB. Try open the DB with newest client (4.00) and save as many data as you need (objects etc.). BEFORE ALL ATTEMPTS MAKE A COPY OF THE FILE....
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    utouto Member Posts: 36
    Hi Kine
    Thank you for your attention.
    I use only Navision Version AP 4.0 (4.0) so there is no newer version. :cry::cry::cry:
    Or do u have any ideas? :-k :-k :-k
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Than it seems, that the DB is corrupted and there is no way to open it without experts (in MS they have tool called C/DART which can correct corrupted DB, but this service is not for free)...

try open the DB in readonly mode...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.