Options

Consolidation question-w/ out using consolidation granule:P-

riki7riki7 Member Posts: 29
Hi guys, i just want to re-confirm something. (This is kind of stupid actually)
I have in the same database 3 companies. The client has asked us if there is a way he can have reports where they can read data from all 3 companies. Note: He hasn't bought the consolidation granule, so the consolidation option is not an option. As long as i know there isn't any other way... or is there??? Like through programming lets say??(i am not a programmer so i don't know if it would work???)

Comments

• Options
    hansfouserthansfousert Member Posts: 46
    Hi!

We use Jet Reports to "consolidate" different companies into report.

Jet Reports allows you to access all companies in a single database, or even multiple databases. It will retrieve the data and insert them into Excel. You may create sheets per company or sheets for all companies.

This add-in for Excel will also allow you to consolidate non-financial data, e.g. stock, jobs etc.

I could go on for while to tell you more about Jet Reports (like access to other open databases or distribution of reports) :D , but please visit their website (www.jetreports.com) or contact me if you have any particular question.
    Kind regards,

Hans Fousert
    Microsoft Certified Trainer and Jet Reports Certified Trainer
  • Options
    ShenpenShenpen Member Posts: 386
    Or maybe a report on a temporary table (using Integer table) and using Recordvariable.CHANGECOMPANY (have not tested, just an idea)

Do It Yourself is they key. Standard code might work - your code surely works.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    Shenpen is correct with the CHANGECOMPANY.

You can use it like this:
    recCompany.RESET; // this is table 2000000006
    IF recCompany.find('-') THEN
    REPEAT
    Rec.RESET;
    Rec.SETCURRENTKEY(...);
    Rec.CHANGECOMPANY(recCompany.Name);
    Rec.SETRANGE(.....);
    IF Rec.FIND('-') THEN
    REPEAT
    // and here you can save your data into a temptable.
    UNTIL Rec.NEXT = 0;
    UNTIL recCompany.NEXT = 0;

IMPORTANT (in case you want to write into the tables of other companies):
    If you write into the table of another company, you CANNOT use VALIDATE, or TRUE in the INSERT,MODIFY,DELETE of the table. This because if in that trigger is read or written another table, THIS TABLE WILL READ/WRITE IN CURRENT COMPANY, AND NOT IN THE OTHER COMPANY!!!
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    riki7riki7 Member Posts: 29
    Guys, I would like to thank all of you for your replies you have been really help full. :D