Options

Any Docs about NAV 2013 R2 Job Queue & Load Balancing?

apapapap Member Posts: 67
edited 2014-10-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hi everyone,
if anybody knows where to point me for any documents on how Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 Job Queue is working with Microsoft Load Balancing.
Our implementation is as follows: We are working with one Company in a cluster SQL server & two NAS servers are running against this company. Each NAS server is running under different domain user and of course with different IP.The load balancer sits above the two servers. My question is when our job queue is running could we know from which server is being runned or can we configure it through the parameters? Please if anybody has any videos with how to or any docs please send me the link
Kind Regards
Alex

Comments

• Options
    ppavukppavuk Member Posts: 334
    I'll post reply just to be subscribed on other replies :)

Actually, i don't think there is any way to load-balance job queue.
    In my understanding when we use RTC client (or web client) - we can point RTC client requests to loadbalancer, which will decide to what instance of service should the requests be forwarded. But in case of job queue the process started on service tier itself, so i don't see any way how to intercept job queue requests...

Would be nice if anyone more knowledgeable will disapprove my view on this.
  • Options
    BardurKnudsenBardurKnudsen Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 137
    It is correct that you cannot use the load balancer for the Job Queue.
    The only 'balancing' mechanism is that one active Job Queue processes one job at the time. That means that if you set up one Job Queue on each server, they will each take a job from the top of the queue and process it. So if the queue has many entries, each server will be busy all the time until the queue is empty.
    Bardur Knudsen
    Microsoft - Dynamics NAV
  • Options
    ppavukppavuk Member Posts: 334
    Thanks! This is exactly what i expected.