MB7-702 wrong answers in training material?

abtmnabtmn Member Posts: 27
There are two questions in the 80437_NAV2013_ENUS_CCSSOL that seem to give the wrong answer in the answer key for Module 4 "Posting". Here they are:

4. Multiline comments can be nested. When using multiline comments you must make sure that each open comments ({) sign is followed by a properly nested close comments (}) sign. ANSWER: FALSE

5. A table is automatically locked when you start writing data to it. ANSWER: FALSE

Shouldn't the answer be "TRUE" for both of these? For #4 I know you can use { and } to comment code. And for number 5 it gives the following info in the Module 4 Posting document:

"...SQL Server adds necessary locks to affected tables as soon as you start inserting, changing, or deleting data..."

Can anyone verify if the correct answers to the above questions is in fact "FALSE"?

THX!

Comments

• jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

I see it like you do: Both answers should be true. As for the automatic lock on writing to a table: Yes this should be true, however I am not sure how this behaves with buffered inserts. Anyway, if this leads to a locking "hole" this would be fatal and lead to non-deterministic behaviour of NAV.

with best regards

Jens
  • staubstaub Member Posts: 14
    MS documentation is right - answers are correct. Even one single } sign finish all other { - so could not be nested comments. No locks because it has not locktable - to find about it look Implicit/Explicit Locking in documentation.
    Jurijs Staubs
    Navision developer, (3 years in NAV)
  • thmartinthmartin Member Posts: 90
    Even one single } sign finish all other { - so could not be nested comments

Seriously? Since when?
    Thomas Martin
    NAV Developer