Shortcut to desktop not working

guidomelisguidomelis Member Posts: 4
Hi, I'm realy not so technical but i do got a question about Navision shortcuts. Whenever we use; File --> Send --> Shortcut to Desktop we are able to place a new shortcut from wherever Navison point. Though when we double-click to shortcut we recieve a weird message and i belive it's from IE. The popup message is:
[url=navision://client/run?servername=ourservername&company=ourcompany&target=form50=view=SORTING(Field1,Field3]navision://client/run?servername=ourser ... ld1,Field3[/url])&position=Field1=0(1),Field3=0(4083-1)&servertype=NAVISION

Access is denied

Is there anybody who has seen this before and have solved this? It would be realy helpfull to use this functionality in both using the desktop shortcut as well as the emailed link.

Thanks!
Guido
Guido Melis
Kenas Pacific Pte. Ltd.

Comments

• vampireeyesvampireeyes Member Posts: 33
    Don't know if this helps but: we have 3.60 patched with all fixes (so almost similar to 3.70 so i'm told) and when I use that function it starts Navision for me and asks for my login. We use a MSSQL server.

After I login I get to where the shortcut should take me.

IF it says access denied.. I think it has to do with ur login.

Is it the same when Navision is already running? or is it only when Navision is not running? (i.e. u have a screen of Navision open or not)

OR if u have not started Navision before after u have turned on ur computer. (in case u use windows login)

Computerproblemwise thinking tells me there should be a difference in all 3 examples.

IE fault? It does not open IE here... it opens Navision. It probably uses explorer which in some level could be considered the same thing. That's what u get when everything is from MS. All GUI's tend to look alike.

Just my 2 cts
    ???????????????????????
    { Intuitively wrong... {
    ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
  • guidomelisguidomelis Member Posts: 4
    Hi, Thanks for your reply.

we use 3.70 and it doesn't matter whether we have Navision open or not. And realy, It is an IE message as when i click "OK" there's another message:

Internet Explorer cannot open this helper application for:
    [url=navision://client/run?servername=ourservername&company=ourcompany&target=form50=view=SORTING(Field1,Field3]navision://client/run?servername=ourser ... ld1,Field3[/url])&position=Field1=0(1),Field3=0(4083-1)&servertype=NAVISION

The protocol specified in this address is not valid. Make sure the addres is correct, and try again.

Thanks,
    Guido
    Guido Melis
    Kenas Pacific Pte. Ltd.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It seems, that you have problem with navision:// protocol. Look into registry for that (CLASSES_ROOT\navision) or try to import this .reg file (it is for Win XP) if the parth in your registry does not exist:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision]
    "URL Protocol"=""
    @="URL:Navision Protocol"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\DefaultIcon]
    @="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\\Client\\finhlink.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\shell\open\command]
    @="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\\Client\\finhlink.exe \"%1\""

Change the path to correct values...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • guidomelisguidomelis Member Posts: 4
    Wow, it's working after i copied the reg file. Thanks a lot!

Guido
    Guido Melis
    Kenas Pacific Pte. Ltd.
    I am glad to help you...

But it is interesting, why you do not have this in you registry... may be some problem when you installed the Navision...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • elToritoelTorito Member Posts: 191
    Hi,

we have some Navision CLients running on Citrix Web Client, know anybody if possible run a shortcut from this clients ?

When i send the User an email with shortcut link, it will be open Lokal Navision Client, but it does not exists and so it doesn't open it.

Thanks.
    (Oo)=*=(oO)
    My guess would be to alter the regfile kine provided to where the program executables really are.

Or are citrix resources only available within citrix ? i.e. no network connections just a kind of VNC client?

Lol Kine will prolly have a def. answer.
    ???????????????????????
    { Intuitively wrong... {
    ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
    I have no exact experiences with Citrix, but I know, that you can create shortcut of the Citrix published application to the desktop. If you publish the finhlink.exe, create shortcut on the desktop and use the Target of the shortcut as base for the registry path, you theoretically can run through hyperlink the published application. But I do not know, how the finhlink call the fin.exe application and if it will call the application on the server and not on the client...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I looked to shortcut to some citrix app and there is example, how can be registy modified to run the finhlink.exe (but I do not know if it will run):
    @="\"C:\\Program Files\\Citrix\\ICA Client\\pn.exe\" /APP FINHLINK \"%1\""

I am not sure with the \" characters position and if through ICA client I can pass parameters to the published application...

(of course FINHLINK is name of published finhlink.exe application)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    My guess would be:
    @="C:\\Program Files\\Citrix\\ICA Client\\pn.exe \"/APP FINHLINK\" \"%1\"" 

I think the negating \'s are better placed this way... plz try

maybe .exe after FINHLINK... but thats how citrix works, no experience on that.
    ???????????????????????
    { Intuitively wrong... {
    ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
  • Manu_G.Manu_G. Member Posts: 4
    kine wrote:
    It seems, that you have problem with navision:// protocol. Look into registry for that (CLASSES_ROOT\navision) or try to import this .reg file (it is for Win XP) if the parth in your registry does not exist:

"URL Protocol"=""

@="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\\Client\\finhlink.exe"

@="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\\Client\\finhlink.exe "%1""

Change the path to correct values...

Hí everybody

Try this if you are using windows XP PROFESIONAL SERVICE PACK 2 and other Windiwos versions with navision 3.70 or hiher:

Run regedit and find the key:

Remove the double backslash so that there is only single backslash in the
    path to finhlink.exe

Desktop shortcuts and email links should work again. If you use group policies you could then roll this change out to all machines. Otherwise just create a .reg file that people load into their machines.

"URL Protocol"=""

@="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\\Client\\finhlink.exe "%1""

after the change

"URL Protocol"=""

@="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\\Client\finhlink.exe"

@="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\\Client\finhlink.exe "%1""

regards