Options

How to resolve bug in Sales - Shipment report

aceXaceX Member Posts: 166
edited 2014-08-11 in NAV Three Tier
Hi to all

I need to remove bug in Sales - Shipment report. The bug is:
When I print using this report if there is data only for one page, I'm getting two pages, first with the data, and other only with header and footer. If I print 300 pages, only the first page is empty (with only header and footer). The property ConsumeContainerWhiteSpace is set to true in Visual Studio. The paper size is with A4 standard dimensions (W=21, H=29,7). Non object in the report is hidden away (from right or down). All margins are set to 1cm or 0,3 In. I've tried and with 0cm right margin.
And everything to be more confusing, when I make preview of the report, and I press Print Layout, it shows me that there are only one page ...

Does any have familiar problem with those rdlc reports, and does any have any idea what i need to try.

Thanks for your time
Best Regards

Comments

• Options
    Borrachon2013Borrachon2013 Member Posts: 5
    Good morning,

Don't know if this is helpful but probably there is an object, text box or whatever, where the position right top an right bottom are outside of your 21 cm width.... at least, that was the cause of the same problem I had some time ago.

Regards,

Raymond
    Simple is simply the best
  • Options
    TonyDuarteTonyDuarte Member Posts: 92
    I will tell you the same as Raymond, usually it's a problem of some measure that is over the limit.

Can even be a small textbox or even your table that is a few cm's off the limit and making you get this error.

And add to you and others, there are known issues between preview and print layout so I would recomend the "forced use of Print Layout" in your report properties.

And as advice check if you have some visibility in your layout that are set to true or false with conditions it might be an error in one of them causing something to show when it shouldn't.
  • Options
    aceXaceX Member Posts: 166
    Hmm, I'm really confused. The only logic explanation is that some object is out of margins, but I've align all object left side (only for test) and I still get 2 pages. Than I thought that I can't see some object, to test that, I have delete all object from the report that I'm able to see, with selecting with my mouse. And only that I'm getting one page. Also if I export my report to .pdf than I'm getting only one page, if I export the same report in Word or Excel, I'm getting two pages.
    Really pesky problem :x .

Best regards