Options

NAV 2009 to 2013 - Dimension data migration

evildaveevildave Member Posts: 21
edited 2014-08-04 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

I've been running through a upgrade internally for a 2009 database into 2013. Everything has been going ok and i haven't been hitting to many issues that i can't resolve by either searching here or trail and error.

However there is one area that i'm unable to find much information on, and haven't had much luck understanding it by myself. The Dimensions... I know that in 2013 we've moved to this whole Dimension Set ID approach and i understand why they decided to switch over to that system, but what i can't understand is how i migrate data from 2009 (with its old Dimension setup) to 2013 and retain the dimensions.

E.g - Sales Invoice Line Table

2009;
Dimensions for each line exist both on the record itself (dim 1 & 2) and the posted document dimensions table.

2013;
Single Dimension Set ID field on record and Dimension Set Entries table

These two formats are obviously imcompatible and i cannot migrate information across like i am with other tables via xmlports.

Is the migration and relinking of this data handled by the Upgrade toolkit normally? if thats all i'm missing then i guess it could be an easy answer and i'll get cracking on that side but i could not find anything specifically mentioned in the notes that the toolkit handled the dimensions.

Appreciate your time gents,

Dave

Comments

• Options
    TonyDuarteTonyDuarte Member Posts: 92
    Hello Dave,

I think you can't do it directly but did you check these pages?

Dimension Set Entries Overview

Code Examples of Changed Patterns in Modifications

I think that you'll have to make te changes needed to your Objects and then probably the best you can do is copy the information through a SQL Script prepared for it.

Hope it helps :)
  • Options
    manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    Upgrade toolkit should handle this.
    As its a big change the upgrade toolkit should handle it.

Did you check the objects which needed to be imported in NAV from the toolkit.
    Regards,
    Manish