Options

Intercompany feature does not cater for VAT Bus Posting

engsiong75engsiong75 Member Posts: 143
edited 2014-07-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hi

I was using Intercompany for NAV 2013 to export the Sales Invoice in one company to the Purchase Invoice in another.

This works fine if there is no change in the VAT Business Posting group on the Vendor of the company that is receiving the Purchase Invoice. If the VAT Business Posting Group needs to be changed on the purchase invoice, the pricing data imported will be deleted and the purchase line recreated (This is the standard design in Navision).

In my opinion, this lack of feature of catering for the VAT Business Posting Group from the originating Sales Invoice is a major issue. This is logical that if I am charging VAT on the Sales Invoice, the receipt of the Invoice needs to pay for the VAT.

I also understand from the developers point of view that it is not logical to expect the VAT Business Posting group to match between companies. In this case a mapping table between the different VAT Business Posting Group will need to be setup. With the use of VAT in more countries, I see that lack of Intercompany VAT is going to a major concern going forward.

Does anyone have a workaround on this matter? I am currently exposing the VAT Business Posting Group at the line level for the users to change but this is not an efficient solution going forward as each invoice has an average of 300 lines.

Regards