Options

NAV 2013 R2: Can't open new a page

ReedbergReedberg Member Posts: 68
edited 2014-08-18 in NAV Three Tier
Hello experts,
1. I have created a new page "Seminar Setup" with ID 123456702. When I try to run it from Development Environment the RTC client opens and displays the following error message:
You do not have the following permissions on Page Seminar Setup: Execute
Page View - Seminar Setup must close.

I use Cronus demo license. My user has a SUPER permission set. Could you please suggest what am I missing and what should I do in order to run my new page?

2. The second question - how can I check objects which are in the license permission range? In NAV 2009 I could have created a new form based on "License Permission" table. But the trick seems to be not working with NAV 2013 R2. I created a new page based on the "License Permission" table, run it and saw no records. How can I find the objects which are in my license file?
I did some research and found out the there might be some report called "License Permission", but there is no such a report in NAV 2013 R2 demo database. I tried the PowerShell command Export-NAVServerLicenseInformation but it gives only the general information about the license and does not show details about objects that can be access through a given license file.

Any suggestions will be very much appretiated, because I am stuck on this..

Answers

• Options
    Hello experts,
    Any ideas?
  • Options
    thegunzothegunzo Member Posts: 274
    The error message states that the license in the database when you started the server does not have permission to run this page. If you have permission to create this page, then most likely you are using another license on the developement environment.
    http://www.dynamics.is
    http://Objects4NAV.com
  • Options
    thegunzo,
    Thank you very your reply, it helped me to sort out the issue.

In fact I followed Microsoft Training Materials for NAV 2013 Development Exam and the materials stated that ID 123456702 is indeed in the Cronus License. That's why I thought something else is wrong. I changed page ID to another one and page displayed without any problems.

What concerns my second question - how to check the objects ID which are in the license file - the answer was quite simple. I created a new page based on "License Permission" table, pushed "Preview" button and saw no records. Then I saved the page (using ID which is within my developer license), opened the page and it showed the correct information about License ID range. It means that "Preview" button simply didn't actually previewed anything in my case, which may be quite puzzling if you don't know the ID range of your license and need to save a new page using some ID.

Anyway, thank you for reply!
  • Options
    TonyDuarteTonyDuarte Member Posts: 92
    http://www.paulsenconsult.com/Navision-License-Permission-Range.htm

In this case you can make a List Page type like the picture and select the fields.
    Think it can help you.