Options

MenuSuite: Company level not listing one Partner level objec

martinhocosta88martinhocosta88 Member Posts: 27
edited 2014-08-04 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I'm trying to solve a problem about MenuSuite levels.
When I create a Company Level menu there is one object (Page) that is not being included (its present in the Partner Level). I exported both menus to .txt and I realized that the object that is not appearing has the status "Deleted=Yes" on it. Tried to import the .txt with no status and the object I needed is actually appearing. What I'm not understanding is what is pushing the trigger for that "flag" to be "yes".

Thx in advance

Comments

• Options
    einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    To me it sounds like this is an Object of a higher MenuSuite level and someone deleted it on the lower MenuSuite level. If you delete it on the same level where it belongs to, then you won't get the Deleted flag set to Yes. It would just be gone.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • Options
    Tested and assigned the object to the lowest Level I could. All the levels above they present the object but when I create Company MenuSuite it simply ignores the item.
  • Options
    What do you mean by create? MenuSuite 90 Company doesn't exist and you just click on New? Or do you import an existing one?
  • Options
    What do you mean by create? MenuSuite 90 Company doesn't exist and you just click on New? Or do you import an existing one?

Yes I'm creating a new 1090 Company by clicking on New. Till now I had Partner as the highest but I need to add the Company.
  • Options
    The only thing I could think of that would lead to this behaviour, would be that the layer that contains your Deleted flag stays in your Metadata even though the MenuSuite that represents that layer has been deleted. Could you try to delete your Company MenuSuite and than re-compile/re-import all other MenuSuites of a higher level? Or perhaps try to delete all MenuSuite Metadata and then re-compile it.
  • Options
    The only thing I could think of that would lead to this behaviour, would be that the layer that contains your Deleted flag stays in your Metadata even though the MenuSuite that represents that layer has been deleted. Could you try to delete your Company MenuSuite and than re-compile/re-import all other MenuSuites of a higher level? Or perhaps try to delete all MenuSuite Metadata and then re-compile it.

Tried both. The problem remains. Created a new page with same properties to test and the test page appears. Its quite frustrating.
  • Options
    Is it possible that the Deleted flag is already set on your partner level layer?
  • Options
    Is it possible that the Deleted flag is already set on your partner level layer?
    No. I exported both scenarios to TXT and compared. Only diference is the deleted flag on in the company level.
  • Options
    Hmm... that's a tough one. If it's not related to another layer or the metadata then it's maybe a bug. Did you try deleting your zup file, or respectively the user metadata? Is there a MenuSuite 90 for CC? If yes, did you check if it also contains the Deleted flag on that item?
  • Options
    Hmm... that's a tough one. If it's not related to another layer or the metadata then it's maybe a bug. Did you try deleting your zup file, or respectively the user metadata? Is there a MenuSuite 90 for CC? If yes, did you check if it also contains the Deleted flag on that item?

Just tried to delete zup file and no MenuSuite 90 for ccs Starting to Believe it's a bug.
  • Options

Just tried to delete zup file and no MenuSuite 90 for ccs Starting to Believe it's a bug.