NAV 13R2 RDLC report tablix position shifted

SergioPrime1390SergioPrime1390 Member Posts: 11
edited 2014-07-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hello together,

I have extended a confirmation report in NAV 13R2 using SQL Server Report Builder. I haved trippled the main table, such that depending on different options, two tables will be hidden and only one table will be shown. All these tables are placed at the same position. Under these tables I have another table to show some additional details. However in some cases the table below is shifted to the top, overlapping the tables above. In report builder the table positions are all correct, the table below is shifted only when I print the report, no matter using preview of directly print.

Does anyone have any idea? Thanks in advanced!

Comments

• rodryrodry Member Posts: 7
    Hello Sergio, check if there are some overlapping controls.
  • sendit2jasonsendit2jason Member Posts: 23
    I have encountered similar behaviour and my work around is to add an 'anchor' control that is white so it's not seen in the output. It's seems that controls like to be connected to other controls so when you make them disappear, then the control hunts for another to join so you get this movement. So by adding a 'anchor' control to the area having the problem, it keeps the surrounding controls happy.

Of course, lots of trial and error testing is required to get it just right!

I hope that makes sense.
    Jason Bradley
    Working with NAV since 2001

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens” - Jimi Hendrix
  • SergioPrime1390SergioPrime1390 Member Posts: 11
    I have encountered similar behaviour and my work around is to add an 'anchor' control that is white so it's not seen in the output. It's seems that controls like to be connected to other controls so when you make them disappear, then the control hunts for another to join so you get this movement. So by adding a 'anchor' control to the area having the problem, it keeps the surrounding controls happy.

Of course, lots of trial and error testing is required to get it just right!

I hope that makes sense.

Hello sendit2jason, thanks for your idea! I am not sure what you meant by "anchor" control, but I somehow got to the right direction by using a rectangle to surround all the three tables above, while putting the additional table next to the new rectangle, and this solved the problem!
  • sendit2jasonsendit2jason Member Posts: 23
    Glad you got it working. Your Rectangle control is my reference to the 'anchor' control.

:lol:
    Jason Bradley
    Working with NAV since 2001

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens” - Jimi Hendrix