Customize Navigation Pane and Department Page property

lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
edited 2014-06-26 in NAV Three Tier
I can use the Customize Navigation Pane feature on the Role Tailor Client to add pages to, for example, the Home section on (the Navigation Pane) of a Role Center in two ways:

On the Customize Navigation Pane window, in the Navigation pane buttons list, select Home.
Then press the Add button which will show the Add List window.
Here I can select from any of the department areas a link that I would like to add.

On the Customize Navigation Pane window, in the Navigation pane buttons list, select Departments.
In the Lists list, select from any of the department areas a link that I would like to add (by means of the Copy To... button).

OK, this is clear. However, the two ways do not show me exactly the same set I can choose from. :?:
Let's say I want to add the Posted Purchases Invoices to the Home section. So in both "lists" I elapse Purchase. And here "way" 1 and 2 deviate (in standard NAV) as only "way" 2 shows me a History node beneath Purchase[/u (and "way" 2 doesn't).

How come?

I know the department sub nodes (in MenuSuite designer) have a property called Department Page, which determines if a department sub node is showing on the department page. So I created a new company MenuSuite (1090), where I set Department Page to Yes for the History sub node. The History section now indeed shows op on the Purchase department page. However, this didn't change anything in the above. Even not after a restart of both client and service tier.

So my question is: how can I get this working right? Is this a platform bug?
Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
Never stop learning
Van Vugt's dynamiXs
Dutch Dynamics Community