2009 Reporting issue - list not the same as classic

RoddyMcLeanRoddyMcLean Member Posts: 101
edited 2014-07-01 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have a report whereby I'm populating a temporary table and using an integer data item to display a result set, essentially a list of dates, employee codes and names. This list is fine in classic mode but the same record is repeated multiple times when run on RTC. I have written a similar report before without issue, the difference being there are multiple data item before the last data item (which is indented one), its the last data item that lists the data.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks
Roddy

Comments

• Torben_Wind_Meyhoff[MSFT]Torben_Wind_Meyhoff[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 22
    Hi Roddy
    It would be interesting to see the object if there is change of behavior between Classic and RTC runtime.
    BR
    Torben
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”
  • RoddyMcLeanRoddyMcLean Member Posts: 101
    Hi,

I was pretty much using a fairly complex set of data items to build a temporary table and then listing fields to be used in a Matrix control. I ended up rebuilding the report, all the processing is now undertaken in OnPreDataItem and the required fields listed. The behaviour was the same as the old report in classic mode. However, the Matrix came to life in RTC. It seems that it may be the case that too many dataitems can impact the RTC side. I no longer have the old report.

Thanks for getting in contact

Roddy
  • RoddyMcLeanRoddyMcLean Member Posts: 101
    The temp table fields were exposed using an integer data item.