how to prevent a create from triggering an insert and modify

happyllamahappyllama Member Posts: 2
edited 2014-06-24 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

I have a high-performance integration use-case with NAV, where customers can add lines to their order from our ecommerce website. This is the SOAP created for the creation of a new sales line:

SOAP Message: <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/&quot; xmlns:salesorderline="urn:microsoft-dynamics-schemas/page/salesorderline"><SOAP-ENV:Header/><SOAP-ENV:Body><salesorderline:Create><salesorderline:SalesOrderLine><salesorderline:Description>Artichoke</salesorderline:Description><salesorderline:Quantity>1</salesorderline:Quantity><salesorderline:Document_Type>Order</salesorderline:Document_Type><salesorderline:Type>Item</salesorderline:Type><salesorderline:Line_No>33000</salesorderline:Line_No><salesorderline:Unit_of_Measure_Code>EA</salesorderline:Unit_of_Measure_Code><salesorderline:No>4552</salesorderline:No><salesorderline:Document_No>SO0000000000000025</salesorderline:Document_No></salesorderline:SalesOrderLine></salesorderline:Create></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

The performance isn't bad, but it isn't ideal either (about 300ms). I noticed that both the onInsert and onModify were being triggered. My question is, is there a way I can force this create to be a single Insert, thus calling only the onInsert biz logic and hitting the database only 1 time?

I tried the DelayedInsert property on the Page, but unfortunately that did not have any noticeable impact.