Confusion about Cumulative Update 14

ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
edited 2014-06-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

Trying to prepare a new localization database based on 2013 R2 W1 version. Downloaded the latest installation file (this file includes cum. update 6) and also downloaded the Cumulative Update 14. Now I want to replace the database objects with cum. update 14 objects but there are conflicting versions. Here are the issues that I want to share:
  • Some existing objects have higher versions then new objects.
  • I think Cumulative update 14 is based on an older version (less than cumulative update 6 maybe it's the first release)
  • I cannot directly replace the existing objects, it throws many errors as type mismatch, etc etc.
  • I don't want to merge cum. update objects hotfix by hotfix because there are many kb.

Has anyone used w1 version as base and imported latest cumulative update objects or can you recommend a simple method for creating a database having the latest objects?

Thanks,

Ufuk
Ufuk Asci
Pargesoft

Comments

• jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi Ufuk,

CU14: NAV2013
    CU6: NAV2013R2

when you want to have an up-to-date 2013 R2 W1 with the latest cumulative update, try Cumulative Update 8. See here for reference: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/201 ... eased.aspx
    I would recommend a clean install with the installation media contained in the hotfix file.
    This is the release where the replacement of the fbk backup/restore functionality is contained. As far as I've read, you can do backup/restore via RTC and powershell.

with best regards

Jens
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Hi Jens,

You're right, that was for 2013 version. Thank you.

Regards,

Ufuk
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft