same Posted Shipment and Invoice No. series.

181deepak181deepak Member Posts: 95
edited 2014-06-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Experts.

(Nav 2013 R2 )I have made 3 pages for SO, that is one for job work, export and Domestic SO. and 3 Different Posted Invoice no. series for each type of SO. Depending of Type of SO I get Posted Invoice no. series automatically.
but now I also want same posted shipment and invoice no. series (because there always be ship and Invoice) for this 2 method:-

1) I need to make three no. series for posted shipment also that I do with Posted invoice. (Not Favorable)
2) That I want is- how and where I can do on Table 36 that my Shipment no. is = Posting no. (Invoice).

please give suggestion.

Comments

• Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Well, normally the whole point of no. series is that you can only use a number once. You could try to override that behavior but I would really not recommend it. Having the same document number for a shipment and invoice, making both turn up at Navigation - this is really just so un-Navisionic that it could cause unforeseen problems.

Just do this. Make an invoice number field on the shipment header and during posting save the invoice number there. It will be basically a secondary number. Then you can use this field for listing, sorting, finding shipments, you can also print it on the delivery note report, whatever. You simply tell people to not look at the actual shipment number, to simply ignore it, blend it out.
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Just as Miklos suggests, I would suggest the same. Do not use the same no. for shipments and invoices for these reasons:

When working with goods, there is always a chance a shipment cannot be done at once, and as a consequence multiple shipments have been made for 1 invoice.

When working with services, the value of the shipment document is diminished to next to nothing. And then it shouldn't matter what number the shipment document has. (It actually rarely has any accounting value).

However, if you really really really want to do this. (Pls check with a accountant to see if there are no legal consequences of eventual problems when using the same number (holes in numbers for invoices are frowned upon here)), you can always use fields 63 and 64 in table 36 . When they have a value, the no. series is not called upon during posting.

Nevertheless, I would suggest to not do that, and not make a problem out of it.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • 181deepak181deepak Member Posts: 95
    Thanks for your Valuable reply.. =D>