Synchronising records in two Navision Systems over internet

prateekarya2011prateekarya2011 Member Posts: 40
edited 2014-06-12 in NAV Three Tier
Hello experts,

Greetings for the day,

I don't know why but nowadays i have started getting some very tedious tasks from clients , am confused and excited.. :roll: :mrgreen: #-o

The puzzle is :^o
--"There are two navision 2013 R2 systems and they are on different servers , we want to that my customer balances should get updated in the second system as soon as they are updated in first system."
** Servers are different only common field between the two is customer id & can't use that link server thing of SQL,
due to some security issues.

Please share your ideas;-)

Thanks in advance

Prateek

Comments

• BardurKnudsenBardurKnudsen Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 137
    I assume that the two servers host different legal companies? And I assume that the reason for wanting the customer balance to be updated cross-company is for credit limit control?
    If so, I guess it is not as simple as 'synchronize' the balances. A customer balance is reflected in G/L, and that balance has to be counter-balanced by some other transactions. And if we are talking about two different companies, you need to be careful and separate the balances from each other, as you cannot mix transactions and outstanding balances from one company with another company's.
    So, if my assumptions are correct, I would rather go for a factbox-thing that show the customer's balance in other companies. That factbox data could then be updated by some OData connection across the companies.
    Bardur Knudsen
    Microsoft - Dynamics NAV
  • prateekarya2011prateekarya2011 Member Posts: 40
    Thanks for the reply, BardurKnudsen sir, can u please provide me some guide if 2 nav system are available on different servers how can we connect them and compare some records in any table and then modify the records as per our needs.

Thanks In Advance
    Prateek
    What tables are you going to synchronize?
    Bardur Knudsen
    Microsoft - Dynamics NAV
  • prateekarya2011prateekarya2011 Member Posts: 40
    Hiiii..... :lol: BardurKnudsen sir, good news is that problem is resolved as client is not sure whether they really want this kind of thing or not but still i would be thankful to you if i could get answer to my querry..
    Now tables are not that specific for example i have a customized table student marks & in my db it gets updated by user entry & now i want to create a replica of same table in the second db. using some code unit. can we use replication server for this :shock: ??
    I am sure that there are generic tools available for this, and I am sure other people in this forum has experience with them - or even offer them.
    My original point regarding customer balances was that most probably your client didn't really want to synchronize the balances, but just to get information about the customer's balance in across business units, which could be solved with e.g. an OData look-up across companies.
    Bardur Knudsen
    Microsoft - Dynamics NAV