Create sales order in specific no series using page service

bzuidgeestbzuidgeest Member Posts: 3
edited 2014-06-12 in NAV Three Tier
I have a programming task that requires me to create a sales order in navision using the page webservice. I can add an order fine and it is made in the default order number series.

However I need to be able to specify which number series to use (To distinguish web sales). We cannot set the series to manual input, that is not an option. Any other way?

I know enough about webservices, but I'm not very navision literate, so please make answers complete :D

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    In NAV it is easy - just set the No. Series field to the code of the no. series before insert. But in webservice is one problem. When using Create, it pass only the primary key values. Thus this way doesn't work. But I am not sure if it is problem of all versions or only NAV 2009R2.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi bzuidgeest,

Use code unit to create new document as your requirement.

Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • bzuidgeestbzuidgeest Member Posts: 3
    Is creating a codeunit really the only option? We do not have a developer license for NAV2013 so we would have to buy that or something. The standard web service should be able to do anything the interface can, but that's only my opinion. I really do not like using multiple separate calls to reach a single goal.
  • yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi bzuidgeest,

I still can't find another way for this. You need to avoid the "Confirm,Input" such kind of function. If not you will be facing with "call back" error. If you don't have dev license or partner how to ....You still need 1 code unit to archive to get some Navision function if you want to use Navision function(eg. Release Doc.).
    kine wrote:
    But I am not sure if it is problem of all versions or only NAV 2009R2.

Not only on NAV2009R2.

Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy