Issue with Create and Update via Web Services

bperrybperry Member Posts: 3
edited 2014-06-06 in NAV Three Tier
I have been tasked with developing a program that will add Job Planning Lines to our existing Job Task Lines.

I can successfully read all of the data that i need to. My issue resides when i try to create a new Planning line against a job # and Job Task # i get the following error.
You cannot change the Job No. or Job Task No. of this Job Planning Line.

I have tried creating the record with all required values and this does not work.
i have tried creating a black record first and then updating that record and that does not work.

Any Insight on what i need to do complete the project would be appreciated.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    It is not a problem caused by the web service. Probably it is some setup-issue.
    Use the debugger to the debug the webservice (or try to create a job planning line manually) to see what happens and where and why it blocks.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• bperrybperry Member Posts: 3
    I was able to get around this warning message. There was some C/AL Code causing me from editing the Job No and Job Task line via web services

I was able to get around this message by creating a new Page with all of the Job Planning fields and then publishing.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    That's not really good. Code should not be put on the page-level but on the table-level.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!