Print DOCX in Blobs possible

NaCoderNaCoder Member Posts: 26
edited 2014-06-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

i am looking for a solution, that I can print docx files in NAV2013. This docx files are in BLOB-Fields.
I research and found the WordHelper.CallPrintOut(WordDocument) function.
But how can I use this that it worked?

My goal is it to make one print of some docx files in blobs. So I would like to merge some docx to one file, those I print in one step.

Can anybody tell me more, please?

Comments

• vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi,

I think you have first to export the file form the BLOB field on the hard drive e.g. Temp folder and create a word file (docx). (you can do this by using STREAMS in NAV)
    After that you have to open the Word file (docx) from NAV. Take a look at the codeunit 5054 WordManagement.
    Now that the file is open you can print it.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks.
  • NaCoderNaCoder Member Posts: 26
    vremeni4 wrote:
    Hi,

I think you have first to export the file form the BLOB field on the hard drive e.g. Temp folder and create a word file (docx). (you can do this by using STREAMS in NAV)
    After that you have to open the Word file (docx) from NAV. Take a look at the codeunit 5054 WordManagement.
    Now that the file is open you can print it.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks.

Hi,
    thank you for your post. I know this, but the problem is I need print in silent, so that word are in visible false and print it. I need a print one step with 20 or more docx files. So open 20 docs files and print is not a solution.
  • vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi,

When I say open I do not refer to opening and making the word document visible to the user.
    You can just open the document but do not make it visible, print it, close it. All is done in the background nothing visible to the user.
    There is a special command after the word document is opened to make it available (Visible) to the user.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks.