NAV2009 R2 to 2013 R2 upgrade - step 2

RoddyMcLeanRoddyMcLean Member Posts: 101
edited 2014-06-06 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I'm having an unusual problem on Transfer Data in step 2: -

In Codeunit 104048, UpdateItem it is stopping on the MODIFY line with: -
"The Item does not exist. identification fields and values: No. : '1SKB-H4818W'.

Running the table from the object designer and also SQL shows that this item in fact exists. I have shown to a colleague to eliminate Madness on my part (a real possibility :D )

It has to be some type of corruption. I tried rebuilding the primary key from NAV by adding to it and then removing the additional field but alas it stopped again.

Regards
Roddy

Comments

• RoddyMcLeanRoddyMcLean Member Posts: 101
    Its down to trailing spaces and a return character in the Item -> No. field. It seems the client copied and pasted their Item numbers from another application into NAV2009. When NAV2013 R2 attempts to retrieve Item -> No. it chops the extra characters and then can't find the Item No., it fails on the MODIFY. At least I think that's what is going on.

I'm going to right a script to correct the data which will need to run through all occurrences of the Item No. field. Does anyone have a list of these tables?

In return I'll copy the SQL script/queries here in case someone else has a similar issue.

Thanks
    Roddy
  • RoddyMcLeanRoddyMcLean Member Posts: 101
    Sorted. If anyone wants the SQL script PM me